Happy spring! Now is the time to begin spring cleaning and by cleaning I mean flushing out all of the negativity and bad vibes that various rainy days and Mondays have thrown at you. I’ve compiled seven of my favorite ways to relax, reflect, and refocus on self-love and appreciation. At the end I’ve put one week’s worth of journaling prompts that you can do along with these ideas- get to it!
- Start and end your day with a compliment– While it may seem cliché, what you think is what you become. Giving yourself a compliment is not only a great way to throw some appreciation your way, but it gives you an overall more confident aura. The key to this is to not focus on looks, but accomplishments and qualities. For example, instead of “my hair looks okay today,” try “I did a great job presenting at my meeting this morning.” Building self-love is much easier to do on a base of respect and acknowledging your daily efforts rather than your best selfie pose.
- Go on a walk- Whether it be before school/work or after, getting outside is a great way to unwind and appreciate the good weather while it lasts! You never know, you might even meet some nice neighbors you didn’t know you had.
- Have a spa day- Take a trip to the salon- or make a DIY face mask, turn on Netflix, and paint your nails a bright, happy color. I personally always go for the latter. Taking some time to pamper yourself (and your skin!) is always a good way to give yourself some much deserved TLC.
- Start a journal– Dream journal, bullet journal, random I don’t have a clue what I’m doing journal…all are great ways to de-stress and take a moment to be truly with yourself. One thing I really like to do is use brush pens to add all sorts of designs and quotes to brighten up my journal. Remember to check out the prompts at the bottom of this list if you’re starting a journal this spring!
- Do something nice for someone else– Okay, I know what you’re thinking, but this one is still completely about you…almost. Taking time out of your day to do something kind for someone else, whether it be holding open a door or volunteering at a senior center, gives you a sense of accomplishment and pride in doing the right thing. Positive actions like this one can set the tone for a day, week, or sometimes even month and can (hopefully) send some good karma your way.
- Learn a new skill- Learning a new skill is not only super fun, but it allows you to completely focus on whatever it is you’re trying out instead of worrying and stressing over the little things. Also, with a job well done, you’ll be feeling extra excited about jumping into more new things and proud of what you’ve learned. I’ve decided to try my hand at decorating cakes…you should probably follow @liveyoulivewell on Instagram to see the upcoming successes/fails.
- Sleep in- Because you deserve it. Plus, there’s significant research proving your body needs sleep in order for you to rejuvenate and focus each day. So, set your alarm a little later (or not at all), and take some time to give your body a chance to help you feel like your best you.
Sunday– Favorite body positive or self empowerment quote.
Monday- Spring bucket list (places you want to go, hobbies to try, etc.)
Tuesday- 20 things you love about yourself.
Wednesday- Playlist (pick out some powerful jams about how fabulous you are).
Thursday- Personal mantra (positive/affirmative statement).
Friday- 10 things you’re grateful for.
Saturday- 7 things that made you happy this week.
I hope you enjoyed this article, be sure to subscribe by email in the box at the very bottom of this page and follow @liveyoulivewell on Instagram to keep up with new articles like this one.